As a business owner, one of the most important decisions you'll make is choosing the right graphic designer for your branding and marketing needs. And, one of the first questions that comes to mind is "How much does a graphic designer cost?"
According to industry statistics, 18% of small businesses are willing to spend up to $1,000 for a logo design, while 67% are willing to spend up to $500. How about you? How much can you pay for a graphic design to strengthen your online brand?
In this article, we'll take a closer look at the different price points and rates for graphic design services, so you can make an informed decision for your business. So, let's dive in and understand the cost of a graphic design service.
How much does it cost to outsource a graphic designer?
The cost to outsource a graphic designer can vary depending on several factors such as location, experience, and the specific graphic design project. In general, rates for graphic designers can range from $10 to $50 per hour.
- In the US, the average hourly pricing for a graphic designer is $23.74 and the salary ranges from $14.66 to $34.86 per month.
- In the UK, a graphic designer makes an average salary of £27,500 a year, or £14.10 per hour.
- In Australia, the average yearly wage for a graphic designer is $82,500, or $42.31 per hour.
- In India, a graphic designer makes an average annual pay of 371,759 rupees, or 149 rupees per hour.
- In Canada, a graphic designer makes an average compensation of $46,808 per year, or $24 per hour.
It's important to note that the project rate can vary significantly depending on the location and the designer's experience and portfolio. Some designers may also offer package rates for specific projects. It's always a good idea to get a quote from a designer before starting a project.
Are graphic designers expensive?
Some graphic designers may charge hourly rates, while others may charge a flat fee for a project. In general, freelance graphic designers may be less expensive than hiring an in-house staff member, but outsourcing the work overseas could lead to a lower cost.
To save money on hiring a graphic designer, you can try the following:
Be clear about your project requirements
Clearly communicate the project's goals, objectives, and desired outcome to the designer. This will help the designer understand the scope of the project and provide an accurate quote.
Get multiple quotes
Contact several graphic designers and compare quotes to find the most cost-effective option.
Consider using a freelance designer
Freelance designers often charge lower rates than full time graphic designers. Plus, hiring an in-house designer comes with recurring monthly expenses such as health insurance and monthly allowance.
Use online platforms to find designers
Online platforms such as Upwork or Fiverr can connect you with a large pool of designers at different experience levels and rates.
Use pre-made templates and graphics
If the project allows, you can use pre-made templates or graphics that are readily available online, which can save you a significant amount of money.
It's critical to keep in mind that the cheapest option might not always be the best quality or fit for your business. It's important to weigh the cost against the value you will be getting from the design work.
How much should I pay a freelance graphic designer?
So, how much does a graphic designer cost in the freelancing industry? Based on the latest industry statistics, the cost of hiring a freelance graphic designer can vary depending on their level of experience.
A basic level designer would typically charge $9-$15 per hour. This type of designer is usually a beginner or entry-level with less experience. They may be able to handle simple projects such as business card design or brochure design.
A mid-level designer would typically charge $15-$25 per hour. This type of designer has more experience and skills than a basic level designer and may be able to handle more complex projects such as logo design or website design.
An expert or more experienced graphic designers would typically charge $30-$50 per hour. This type of designer is highly skilled and experienced, and may be able to handle very complex projects such as branding, packaging design, and marketing campaigns.
A typical breakdown of costs for a freelance graphic designer might include:
- Initial consultation or project quote
- Design concept development
- Revisions and adjustments
- Final design files (such as a high-resolution JPEG, PNG or PDF)
- Additional costs for specific services such as stock photography or printing.
It's important to have a clear understanding of the project scope of the project and any specific deliverables that you require before hiring a freelance graphic designer, so that you can negotiate a fair price that includes all of the necessary costs.
What is a fair price for graphic design?
The graphic design cost can vary widely depending on the complexity of the project and the experience of the designer.
According to Quora, graphic designers who are new to the industry can charge as little as $5 per graphic for basic designs, and up to $40-$65 for more complex designs or more experienced designers. Additionally, many freelance graphic designers offer package deals, such as eight designs for $50.
If you are a small business owner, it is important to consider your budget and the specific needs of your project when determining a fair price for graphic design services. It might be a good idea to discuss your project and budget with multiple designers, and compare the cost and quality of their work before making a decision.
List of Services that a Graphic Designer Can Offer
- Logo design: A logo is a symbol or emblem that represents a company or organization. A logo designer create logos that are memorable, recognizable, and appropriate for the company or organization.
- Brand identity development: This service involves creating a visual system that represents a company or organization across all mediums, including logos, colors, typography, and imagery. The goal is to create a consistent and cohesive image that represents the company or organization.
- Website design and development: Most graphic designers create the visual elements of a website, such as layouts, colors, typography, and images. Website development involves creating the functionality of a website, such as forms, shopping carts, and search functionality.
- Print design: Graphic designers create a wide range of printed materials, such as business cards, brochures, posters, and other marketing materials. They create designs that are visually appealing, easy to read and understand, and that effectively communicate the message of the client.
- Packaging design: Graphic designers create designs for packaging, such as boxes, bottles, cans, and bags. They create designs that are visually appealing, easy to read and understand, and that effectively communicate the message of the client.
- Advertising design: Graphic designers create designs for advertising, such as print ads, billboards, and digital ads. They create designs that are visually appealing, easy to read and understand, and that effectively communicate the message of the client.
- Illustration and icon design: Graphic designers create illustrations and icons, which are used to enhance the visual appeal of a design. Illustrations are drawings or graphics that depict a story or concept, while icons are simple graphics that represent a specific function or idea.
- Photo retouching and manipulation: Graphic designers use design software to edit and enhance photographs. This includes removing blemishes, adjusting lighting and color, and manipulating the image to achieve a desired effect.
- Infographic design: Graphic designers create infographic projects, which are visual representations of information or data. They use charts, graphs, and other design elements to make complex information easy to understand.
- Motion graphics and animation: Graphic designers create animations and motion graphics, which are used to create visual effects in videos, websites, and other digital media.
- User interface and user experience design: Graphic designers create the visual elements of a user interface, such as buttons, menus, and icons. They also design the overall user experience, which includes the navigation, layout, and flow of a website or app.
- Social media design: Graphic designers create social media graphics, such as profile pictures, cover photos, and posts. They create designs that are visually appealing and that effectively communicate the message of the client.
- Signage and environmental design: Graphic designers create signs and other visual elements for buildings and other environments. This includes wayfinding systems, murals, and other visual elements that help people navigate and understand their surroundings.
- Exhibition design: Graphic designers create designs for exhibitions, such as trade shows, museum exhibits, and other events. They create designs that are visually appealing and that effectively communicate the message of the client.
- Book cover design: Graphic designers create designs for book covers, which are the first point of contact for readers. They create designs that are visually appealing and that effectively communicate the message of the client.
How much is a graphic designer in the Philippines?
The average salary for a Graphic Designer in the Philippines is ₱26294 per month or $482.22 due to a number of factors.
One reason is the cost of living in the Philippines is lower compared to other countries, which allows businesses to pay lower salaries while still providing a comfortable standard of living for employees.
Additionally, there is a large pool of highly skilled and talented graphic designers in the Philippines who are willing to work for lower salaries than their counterparts in other countries.
Another reason is the Philippines has a large outsourcing industry, which has led to a competitive market for graphic design services. This competition has led to businesses being able to hire graphic designers at lower rates than they would be able to in other countries.
Furthermore, the Philippines has a large English-speaking population, which allows for easy communication and collaboration between businesses and graphic designers, making it easier for businesses to outsource their graphic design needs to the Philippines.
In summary, the low cost of living, high talent pool, competitive market, and English proficiency in the Philippines make it cost-effective for businesses to hire graphic designers from the Philippines.
Is it worth it to hire a graphic designer?
Hiring a graphic designer can be very beneficial for a business, as they bring a range of skills and expertise that can help to improve the visual aspect of the company's branding and marketing materials. Some of the advantages of hiring a graphic designer for your business include:
Professional and polished design
Graphic designers have the skills and expertise to create professional, high-quality designs that will help to improve the overall image and perception of your brand.
Strong visual communication
Graphic designers are experts at visual communication and can help to create designs that effectively convey your brand's message and values to your target audience.
A graphic designer can help to ensure consistency across all of your branding and marketing materials, which will help to build trust and credibility with your audience.
Increased brand recognition
A graphic designer can help to create a unique and recognizable brand identity that will make your business stand out from the competition.
Hiring a graphic designer can be cost-effective, as they can create designs that will last for a long time, which can save you business expenses in the long run.
Graphic or web designers can take care of the design aspect of your business, so you can focus on other aspects of running your business.
To sum up, hiring a graphic designer can bring a lot of benefits to your business, from creating professional and polished designs that communicate your brand's message effectively to increasing brand recognition and saving time and money.
How much does a graphic designer cost per hour in the Philippines?
In the Philippines, the average pricing for a graphic designer is ₱256, which is equivalent to $4.69 USD. This is based on data from SalaryExpert, a website that provides salary information for various jobs and industries.
Please bear in mind that this figure represents an average, and actual wages can vary depending on factors such as the designer's experience, location, and the specific company they work for. Entry-level graphic designers in the Philippines may earn a lower hourly wage, while more experienced designers may earn a higher wage.
Also, it's important to note that this hourly rate may not be reflective of the freelance graphic design rates or a graphic design agency would charge for their services. Agencies and freelance graphic designers charge sometimes on a project basis, and the cost will depend on the complexity of the project and the experience of the designer.
Furthermore, the cost of living in the Philippines is lower than in many other countries, which means that the hourly wage for a graphic designer may be considered low in comparison to other countries. However, for businesses looking to outsource design work, the lower cost of labor in the Philippines can be an advantage.
Outsource Your Graphic Design Needs to ManilaPros
ManilaPros has been in the business of providing affordable and competitively priced design services to global clients for ten years. We have delivered design works to top global brands like Apple, Canon, and Dell. We have helped a lot of businesses in the Ecommerce sphere grow their brand and stay on top of their customers’ minds.
Our company prides itself on our 100% quality assurance, fast turnaround times, and industry-leading tools that keep our graphic designers at the forefront of the creative industry. If you’re looking for an outsourcing partner that can help you scale and streamline your creative production while minimizing your overhead costs, then we’re the perfect partner for you!